Wednesday 25 April 2012

Finally, my Spring Palette Challenge Moodboard!


So I am grabbing the button, as I am definitely in the Spring/ Summer palette challenge!

I have chosen my colour palette:

and completed my moodboard, thanks to a recommendation from Tanit-Isis for Picasa - really easy to use for this sort of photo collage.

 
Posted by Picasa

I am heavily indebted to Modcloth for images - I love their styles!  Also Sew Weekly, Colette and Gertie.

I think there's a bit of a nautical thing going on, but i have steered clear of stripy tops in case it becomes to "theme-y".  I do have quite a few in my wardrobe which will no doubt make an appearance!

I also realised when doing this that it's definitely the frosting rather than the cake that i want to make (thanks Tasia!).  Perhaps it's because I'm not that quick at sewing yet and don't want to slave for hours over a t-shirt?  Also as I'm tall, it's dresses and skirts that I find hardest to buy off the rack.  I've got a couple of additions to this from the May issue of BurdaStyle - a broderie anglaise shell style top (which I may dye red - they did theirs orange), and a drapey cowl neck t-shirt - but there are no pictures on their site yet.

I've actually found this a really useful exercise.  In fabric shops I tend to be attracted to all the lovely printed cottons, but it's really made me think about smaller prints and plain fabrics too.  Also, in terms of accessories, I can go mad on red and navy and know I will have lots to wear them with!

I'm easing myself in gently with Gertie's full gathered skirt in navy spot fabric.  As it's such a simple style, it will allow me to pracise seam finishes etc before moving onto the more complicated ones!


1 comment:

Thanks for your comment - it's great to hear from you!