Wednesday 22 August 2012

Goal!


No, the Olympics hasn't turned me into a mad football fan (despite my massive support for Team GB - roll on the Paralympics!)

Rather, I have reached my goal weight (no, I'm not saying what it is!)
after dieting since January 2011. I've lost 60lbs in total (some of them
more than once) and stagnated/ cheated/ fallen off the wagon more times
that I can count! I've also completed a 10k run cross country, which is
something I never thought I'd manage.

I know this doesn't seem to have all that much of a place on a sewing blog,
but to me, it's really relevant.

Before losing about half of that weight, I wouldn't have even considered
setting up a blog where I had to have my photo taken and post it up for all
to see/ criticise/ snigger over. And to be honest, I probably would have
stuck to sewing clothes for N, home accessories and machine applique -
there's not much fun in spending a lot of time sewing for yourself if you
don't like what you see at the end of it! The online sewing community is so
supportive of everyone and I do feel like that vibe has helped me get to
here - as well as pushing me to get better at sewing and learn from all the
amazingly talented women that are out there!

Anyway, I am chuffed to bits to finally be here at this weight. I want to
always remember how much happier I feel and how much better in myself - I
know I am more confident at work and I know I am generally better tempered.
So a lot of this post is to remind me how I feel and give me a reason not
to slip back into old ways and pile the weight back on! But of course my
biggest incentive is N. She deserves a happy healthy mummy who doesn't pass
on bad food habits and neuroses about weight!

Some before and after pics:
Just before N's first birthday (I hate this pic so much!):


After losing 27lbs on Dukan:


(in a special sneak preview of my as yet unblogged Hazel, which will
be the subject of a future post!)

6 comments:

  1. First of all Congratulations!

    I completely agree with you, weight loss on a sewing blog IS relevant. How can it be otherwise? Sewing is about making clothes that fit and flatter. It is one of the reasons I started on my weight loss journey, making clothes for myself when I didn't like the way they looked on me, was the motivation that I needed to start.

    You look amazing! You should be so proud of yourself. 8-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaw, thanks elle! i have been following along with your journey too - you are doing fantastically well - i'll be reading your goal post before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. many many congratulations to you on meeting your goal!!! And for running a 10K, because that's just fantastic! I'm looking forward to your Hazel post - the dress looks stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats!! your dress looks so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you - I really love it and have worn it loads already. i definitel see more of them in my future!

      Delete

Thanks for your comment - it's great to hear from you!