Tuesday 12 March 2013

The not so International Craft Swap!


I'm part of the International Craft Swap organised by the lovely Rachel from House of Pinheiro.

The rules are really simple - Rachel has paired everyone up according to likes and interests, and we have to get to know our partner via email, their blogs and social media, and make something with a nautical theme to be sent along with a small gift.

The nautical theme fits really well with some of the fabrics I have stashed, so I will hopefully be able to follow the optional rule of using stash fabrics.

As it turns out, my lovely swap partner, Mrs M from MrsMMakes lives about 8 miles away from me!  So not that international, but with the added bonus of being able to meet up, perhaps for the present swap.

I have been lurking her blog for inspiration and she makes jewellery, papercrafts, stained glass, books, the list goes on!  She's just taking a class to learn to sew and is working on a cute Jasmine blouse.  I am very lucky to have been paired up with such a talented lady.  We also share the same love of purple - weirdly her bridesmaids dresses are almost identical to mine!

I have had a great idea which I hope I can execute as well in real life as it looks in my head!  I'm going to take pics as I go so if it works well I can post my first tutorial.

Check out MrsM's blog for loads of fab crafty inspiration!

Thanks for organising such a great swap Rachel.  I can't wait to get going!

2 comments:

  1. Lol... I didn't know it was so close, I was too concentrated on getting the likes right. Ohh how much fun you getting along... Cannot wait to see what you make.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment - it's great to hear from you!