Wednesday 2 April 2014

Wardrobe Architect Week 10 - The Capsule Palette

I have especially loved the colour challenges on Wardrobe Architect.  I find colour much easier to define than shape or silhouette.  The week's challenge was to narrow down our overall palettes into what we will focus on this season (Spring/ Summer for me).  You can read the post on the Colette blog here.

Based on my palettes, which I blogged about here and here, these are my chosen colours:

Neutrals:





I have bought quite a few fabrics with navy backgrounds recently so this works really well!

Nearly Neutrals:




These are no brainers for me - I have lots of both in my wardrobe and the red fits in well with my recently completed Mad Men dress.  It made me feel so happy when I was making it too - proof that colour really does lift your mood!

Statement colours:

No surprises here for me - lots of blues and turquoises with purple thrown in to shake it up a bit!


So here's my Spring/ Summer Palette - I would say it's pretty true to my wardrobe and my usual palette for the summer.  I'm also glad to say that most of my stash fits in well with it!





Sorry about the terrible graphics!  I really need to improve in that area - can anyone recommend a course or some online tutorials for a non-arty person like me?  What software do you use?


Have you done a colour palette for the season? Link me up in the comments!




12 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (I wish we could edit out posts instead of deleting them...anyways...) Nice colours! I love how everyone doing this is getting such individual colour palettes. Microsoft paint works well with practice. If you want to try something fancier, the gimp is great. There are a lot of online tutorials on how to use it. I love it and find it easy to use (although, I've had 15+ years of experience with it).

      Delete
    2. annoying isn't it - not sure if i can change that or not. will see. i have looked at gimp but not put the time in to learn it. i may try canva as is looks pretty good, but i did this in my lunch hour and it needs chrome which doesn't work on my work pc. i may hit you up for some gimp advice!

      Delete
  2. I have the feeling that what I sent you will right in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joanne - I popped over to seek inspiration for your name badge and I think I know what I want to make for you :) Would you like your first and last name or just your first name? Shall I add your blog name on it too?? Amy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh how exciting! just my first name please and blog name would be lovely too! thanks amy. i have a plan in my head for yours too- what would you like? are you going to the meet up?

      Delete
    2. Hello :) Yes I am planning on being at the meet up - hope you are too!! I've never been to one so fingers crossed I fit in!!! My name badge can have first name and last or just first name and I know my blog name is long so it doesn't matter if I have it on it or not!

      Delete
  4. Love your colour palettes! I have a huge stash of blue in my fabric pile as well that I really need to use up. They are all the perfect winter shades of blue and since it is looming, I'd better get sewing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh boo for your winter! i felt just the same in our autumn when all the southern hemisphere ladies were making summer dresses!

      Delete
  5. Lovely colours! I would also wear all of these! And your graphics look fine to me - I was wondering how you'd even managed that! I wouldn't honestly have a clue where to start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha - it is powerpoint tastic! thanks helen.

      Delete

Thanks for your comment - it's great to hear from you!